Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Chrysanthe"Mom"


Four years ago we moved into our new house. That fall my mother and father in law came to visit from Kansas. While they were here, my mother in law bought me a beautiful burgundy chrysanthemum. I enjoyed it that fall and planted it in my front yard.

I love to garden and have had great success over the years in my yard, but I have never done well with mums. They seem to look beautiful the first year, but they never come back as nicely as that first year, if at all. As you can see, this plant from my mother in law is very happy at our house. It makes me smile each time I see it in the fall.

It reminds me of my sweet mother in law and her thoughtfulness in helping to spruce up my yard. I hope you are enjoying the beginnings of fall as I am. I love to watch the seasons change and observe the beauty that God has created for each one.
Sweet Momma

No comments: