Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Two Months Since Referral...


Having fun at the Pacific Science Center

The last two months has flown by. So much to do. So much to think about. We are quite busy with the normal things of life. We are well into our third week of homeschooling. Each year everyone readjusts as they begin new curriculum. Usually, by now, someone will have broken down in tears over the difficulty of some new curriculum. It hasn't happened yet and I am thankful. Maybe this year we can skip that:).

I have been making lists to keep me on track with the adoption to-do's. Stand-Up Dad and I have had most of our shots needed to travel. The "girls" room is complete except for the clothing organization that takes place each fall. I am focussing on the "boys" room and am scouring Craig's List for a bigger dresser. I also need to get hopping on the quilts for that room.

Our new little ones have back packs and surprises that fill them. We are beginning to learn Tigrinya (our kiddos native tongue) and Amharic (Ethiopia's official language). This is difficult for me. I managed to graduate from high school and college without a second language. I am not accustomed to training my brain this way. I am glad to know that if my sweet little girl calls me "ade", that will be a good thing because it means, Mom. I also want to be able to tell them both "efetweka." Which means "I love you."

Please continue to pray for us as we wait for a court date. And then, more prayers to pass court the first time. I thank you in advance for your prayers, said on our behalf.
Sweet Momma


No comments: