Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Five Months In!!!

This month marks five months that our newest additions have been home. I have been so busy that I haven't taken the time to blog about our life. I continue to cherish your prayers as we venture through life as a family of eight!

Here are a few things that our two youngest have learned over the last month:
1. Not every person that has brown skin is from Ethiopia.
2. When Mommy says "No," she really means it and my whining will not change her mind. =)
3. It is safe to be sad about my life in Ethiopia. My Mom and Dad care about me and will hold me while I cry and pray for me.
4. The world is a big place with countries other than America and Ethiopia.
5. Automatic sprinklers are a lot of fun to run through.
6. It is very good that Mommy and Daddy brought us to America.

Here are a few pictures to show you what we have been up to.
Mother's Day

We took a drive to Kopachuck State Park and hiked through the woods to the Puget Sound on Mother's Day! We ate a picnic lunch and let the kids toss rocks into the water to their hearts content. We hiked down the beach, climbing over fallen trees and driftwood. It was a beautiful day and we all enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.

Sunshine has lost a total of four teeth. Two of them, just last week.
Her smile still lights up the room. I have asked her to stop wiggling for a while as she is having some difficulty eating. =)

Pumpkin has begun baseball season and here are his biggest fans at the first game. They were so excited that it was raining as it gave them all an opportunity to use their umbrellas. After all, their favorite movie is "Singing In The Rain!"
Here is Pumpkin, ready to hit it out of the park!

Elsie attended her first formal with a dear friend named Taylor, who used to be our family babysitter. The formal is for high school home schoolers in our area. She had a great time! Taylor and Elsie went out to dinner with their dads and then went on to the dance. I laughed when I saw a video from the dance that showed 250 high schoolers dancing to the "YMCA."
I guess 'everything that is old is new again' or 'things never change.'
Whatever the phrase is, I am very thankful for this opportunity for Elsie and am so glad that she and Taylor had such a fun time.


There is so much more to share. I hope to do that soon.

Happy Late Mother's Day to you all!
Sweet Momma

No comments: