Monday, September 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Elsie!!!

My beautiful baby girl, the one who made me a mommy, is 14! I don't want to think about how old that makes me.

This past Friday began her weekend of birthday celebrating. She had a sleepover with some girlfriends. I love listening to them talk. This is not eavesdropping, I was just doing dishes and overheard the funniest things. Oh, to be fourteen!

My daughter amazes me! She LOVES the Lord! He is growing her daily and I am thrilled to be here daily watching the process. She is thoughtful and kind and is working to daily exhibit these qualities to her family.

I am most thankful for the relationship that is growing between the two of us. She daily shares her heart with me and I am working at listening and lovingly leading her. It truly is the coaching phase of parenting. She is growing into a precious friend.

Happy Birthday Elsie!! God bless you as you grow in His plan for your life.
Sweet Momma

1 comment:

Lisa said...

wow, this brought tears to my eyes. What a blessing it is to have children who are our companions and who are on the path of godliness with only little nudges needed to point them in the right direction. Your daughter sounds like a treasure.