Sunday, March 8, 2009

One Month Update

We have been on the waiting list for one month. Although it has gone fast I know there are many more months to wait. We are now #95 on the waiting list for our agency. Last week there was a sibling referral of one boy and one girl, 3 & 1 1/2. It will happen for us one day soon.

In the meantime we are busy with life and praying each day for our little brother and sister.

Stand-Up Dad is recovering well from surgery, but still experiencing some annoying symptoms that we believe will lesson as the swelling on his spine decreases. He is a little frustrated at how tired he gets after a normal days work. It's all part of the process of healing.

In this month of March, we anticipate the birth of a niece to my brother and his family. We look forward to Spring Break and beginning some house projects that need attention.

Through each day God is faithful to provide all we need. I find it funny that the other day one of my children was having a little trouble getting some perspective and I found myself using the phrase so many of our moms used in the past. "There are starving children in Africa." My version sounded like this. "Sweetheart, you need to get some perspective. Your little brother and sister may not have food today, that is something to be concerned about. Things like, who will take the first piano lesson is not worth getting upset over."

I pray that our little ones do have food, and are warm and loved.

No comments: