Friday, February 13, 2009

A Pain in the Neck...

It has been a busy week.

Stand Up Dad had neck surgery yesterday to repair a herniated disc. Surgery is one of those times where we stop and focus on how little of our lives is under our control. God reminds us that He alone is the maker and creator of us all.
Our friends and family have been so AMAZING! We feel completely covered in prayer. The peace that comes with knowing God is in control is wonderful.

Yesterday morning we were at the hospital at 5:30am. It was still dark outside and I sat in the chair next to the bed Stand Up Dad was in while each person came in to ask all the pre-op questions. After the fifth person came in to ask if he had any allergies and the like, I started to stare out the window. What I saw overwhelmed me.

Barely visible at first, there was soft orange light on the horizon. It then changed to fire and light that bounced off the sparse clouds that rested just to the left of Mt. Rainier. As I marveled at this beauty I watched as flocks of birds flew through the new morning sky as if in praise to the one who created it.

God seemed to whisper to me. "I created all this for you, just for your pleasure. I am with you and will be with Stand Up Dad through this day."

God is so good. The surgery went well. We are home and Stand Up Dad is recovering. The biggest "pain" is the hard collar he has to wear for the next two weeks. You could say it is a "pain in the neck." Hee hee!
Sweet Momma

No comments: