Thursday, February 19, 2009

"We're not complete."

We have only been on the waiting list for two weeks and I am surprised by how I am feeling. While we were working on our dossier, that was all I could think about. I thought that when it was done I could relax and focus on the projects that we should try to complete before they come home. I knew the waiting wouldn't be easy, but I am a sensible person, I knew this is part of the process.
But now that I am here I feel differently. This is going to be hard! I only considered myself and not my kids. I wasn't prepared for my kiddos daily questions asking if other families had received referrals, thus, moving us up the list.
I miss them, I miss these two little ones that I haven't even met. We all do. At breakfast last week, Stand Up Dad said that he was getting that incomplete feeling again. When I asked what he meant, he pointed to the end of our eight person table and said, "We're not complete."

That pretty much sums it up. God opened our hearts to these little ones and that place won't be filled until they're home.
Pumpkin came to me this morning during school and asked if there had been any referrals. I said, "You're missing Little Brother aren't you?" He agreed. We took a moment to pray for Little Brother and Sister. That is all we can do for now.

Please pray with us as we wait.
Sweet Momma

No comments: