Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Lord Never Closes His Eyes




The past several weeks as I have been praying for our little ones in Ethiopia, I have struggled with the idea that they are most likely hungry or sick or sad. Knowing that I will be their Mommy some day has brought forth that "Mother Love" we all have for our children. It's that feeling or deep need to protect your child at all costs. I am frustrated at waiting to bring them home where I can care for them.

The hard part is knowing that our kids may still be with their biological mother, and as their mother she is using her "Mother Love" in a different way. Her way of protecting them is to give them another home. She is no longer able to care for them due to poverty or disease. I can't really imagine that kind of love. I do know that God has a plan. He knows our children by name and is watching over them.

That is why I added this video from our kids Spring Concert. I cried as I listened to my children sing about how God is watching over all of us. There is never a moment when we are out of His sight. He is constantly protecting us. This includes our little ones and all that love them in Ethiopia. It was as if God was whispering in my ear to trust Him and let Him care for these little ones for now.

Thank you God for your promises and for your care.

No comments: