Thursday, December 18, 2008

Adoption Paperwork

Yesterday I was talking to a friend of mine about my adoption paperwork. She has done three adoptions and understands all that is involved with preparing a dossier. So much of this process is out of my hands. I am relying on other people to complete paperwork, return it to me, check that it is done correctly, and all of this should be done in a timely manner.

I found out yesterday that there was a problem with our home study that had already been turned into USCIS. It is amazing how that kind of information can cause you to stop in your tracks. I am surprised how urgent all of this paperwork seems. There are not many other forms of "paperwork" that draw so much attention.

And still, God is in control. I am so thankful for this knowledge and the peace that comes with it. This morning my Social Worker and my agency figured out what we should do next. So, on we go down the road to a precious little boy and girl who are waiting for our family. Isn't that what it's all about any way?
Sweet Momma

1 comment:

Jill said...

Just found your blog through CHI's list. Congrats on your journey. Isn't amazing how there is no deadline but you still feel you are racing this imaginary clock? And having things be out of your control is nerve-racking. Hope your journey goes quickly and I'll be following along!