Monday, October 12, 2009

"Cover"ing Me With Patience


Today I got an email from our agency to let us know that one of our referral pictures of our precious kids had been chosen as the cover for a promotional magazine for our agency. It is a publication about all of the humanitarian work that our agency is doing in different parts of the world.

The head of the Ethiopia group wrote and stated that they don't usually use pictures of kids until they have been adopted, but because our kids were so DARLING...well she didn't say the second part, but I know she was thinking it. Anyway, she said that our kiddos orphanage director had given permission to use the photo and did we have any objections? I said that we did not mind at all.

I find it funny that I am not allowed to post their sweet faces online, but they will be on the cover of a publication for all to see. My impatient nature wanted to say, "You are welcome to use the picture if I can get a lead on a court date." I know, I know, in God's time.

They really are absolutely adorable, and I can't wait to show their faces and be able to say that they are ours and they belong to us and they will be part of our forever family.

I have to admit that all the waiting is getting to me. God is working out something in my character for sure. I hope I don't miss it.

Today at our Homeschool co-op a friend shared a wonderful piece of scripture with me and a few other ladies. It spoke to my heart in an amazing way and reminded me that God feels my hurt and anxiety and that He is with me. It also reminded me that He is with our little ones as they wait for their forever family.

Isaiah 43:1-2
Now this is what the Lord says-the One who created you, Jacob, and the One that formed you, Israel-"Do not fear for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine. I will be with you when you pass through the waters, and when you pass through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you. You will not be scorched when you walk through the fire, and the flame will not burn you.
43:4a
Because you are precious in My sight and honored, and I love you.

Then read vs 5-7...WOW!
Do not fear, for I am with you; I will bring your descendants from the east,(Ethiopia is in Eastern Africa - I Know I am stretching this:)) and gather you from the west.(We live in western Washington) I will say to the north: Give them up! and to the south: Do not hold them back! Bring My sons from far away, and My daughters from the ends of the earth--everyone called by My name and created for My glory. I have formed him; indeed, I have made him.

Thanks for listening,
Sweet Momma

No comments: