Monday, December 7, 2009

Home One Week Today!


I can't believe it has already been a week since we flew in at 11pm to see our home-grown kids and introduce them to their forever siblings. It has truly been a blur.

Between jet lag and sickness, we are hanging in there. As of this moment all 8 of us are sick. 3 on antibiotics, 1 on albuterol for asthma, and the two littlest are running fevers.

In the middle of the night I got up with Little Buddy and realized that he had a fever and began to feel very overwhelmed. Stand-Up Dad was heading back to work today. He is part of a trial (as an attorney, not a defendant) in Seattle and would be very unavailable to me. As I began to worry I was reminded of one of the scriptures that always puts me back in the right perspective.

"You are my refuge and strength, an ever present help in times of trouble. Therefore, I will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging."
Psalm 46:1-3
"I will be still and know you are God. You, Lord Almighty, are with me. You, God of Jacob, are my fortress."
Psalm 46:10-11

So even though I am still exhausted and sick myself I don't need to worry. The earth has not given way and the mountains have not fallen into the heart of the sea. Even if they had, God promises that He will help me.

We are making some headway with Little Buddy and Sunshine. Things are a little more predictable than they were a week ago. It is so much fun to learn about who these little people are and what makes their hearts sing.

Speaking of singing, they both have beautiful voices and sing and dance every day. They are both very aware of Christmas and baby Jesus. They love playing with our Little People manger scene. We even had the opportunity to celebrate Advent with them last night.

Please pray for health for our whole family. Life just isn't quite right when we are all sick. But I know and believe that God is bigger than any sickness.
Sweet Momma

4 comments:

elisa said...

So sorry to hear you all are sick. Man that stinks. Hoping for a quick recovery!

The Dishmans said...

Sorry to hear you all are still struggling with sickness. Hope everyone is well soon! Love hearing your updates and seeing pics of all the kids. Take care!

Randy said...

Wow - sorry to hear you've been sick. Hang in there!! Call if you need anything, ok?!
R & SJ

Anonymous said...

Those early days home are always a little off...being sick doesn't help at all. Just know that your new normal will set in soon. Don't make any major decisions or think to much about things to come. This is time for a Scarlett O'Hara attitude, "I'll think about it tomorrow.". I am so glad that you know the author and giver of real peace!!!