Thursday, July 16, 2009

New Life at Our House





This past weekend we spent a lot of time on our front porch. We weren't sipping lemonade. We were completely replacing the porch railing. The builder of our home did not spend much time while building our porch and it showed.

We replaced the railing with better quality wood and a better paint job. The truth is I don't know that anyone will notice. But we are glad we completed the job. I think it looks great!

The new railing is not the only new life on our porch. A momma bird decided that one of our hanging fuschia pots would be a lovely place to lay her eggs. I noticed her a few days ago as I went out to water, but didn't think much of it as she clicked at me while I reached up to water my pots.

Today when I went to water I clued in that there might be a reason that she was up there. You can see what I saw when I took a look. So precious! Now each time I go out the momma makes a clicking sound at me. The picture is of her above me on the gutter, clicking to make me go away.

The only sad thing about this is that I will be without a lovely fuschia pot before long without being able to water it. I think four baby birds is worth the sacrifice.
Sweet Momma

No comments: